Monday, June 8, 2009

1st post!

Hi!

This is my first time blogging, so bear with me. I am a music student studying in New York City currently training for my second marathon. I ran my first marathon, the Disney World Marathon, on January 11th, 2009. The decision to become a "runner" was purely impulsive. My friends will tell you that I simply decided to run a marathon one day, and then stubbornly stuck with it (this is how I make most of my decisions).

I trained for the Disney marathon with a group called "team in training," which is a endurance training program that raises money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). Over the course of 5 months, I went from being a novice runner (if you consider running for a bus novice! That's a hard workout!) to a marathon runner. The process was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Not only did I accomplish something so physically daunting, but I also became so emotionally connected to the LLS cause. It really opened my eyes to the strides we are making in the cancer world, how much further we have to go, and what we can do to help. This is what we can do to help. Check it out: teamintraining.org and LLS.org

Anyway, after running the marathon in January, I am back for my second season! I am running the Nike Women's marathon in San Francisco, on October 18th, 2009. I have never been to San Francisco, so I am very excited! I am also excited about this season because I am a team in training mentor! Right now I have 6 1st time marathoners that I help guide through this experience. What could be more rewarding than that?


This blog will be devoted to

1) Tracking my training progress for the marathon

2) Reviews of exercise classes I take

3) Reviews of New York restaurants (and cheap eats; I am on a budget!)

4) Whatever else I feel like talking about

Here we go!










No comments:

Post a Comment