Saturday, October 3, 2009

20 miles: check!

I did my 20-miler Friday. All by myself. It took me three hours to get my butt off the couch to go do it...but it happened! And it wasn't terrible! I tried out the Galloway Method (http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/walk_breaks.html) and although I didn't finish the run very quickly, it was a positive and relatively pain free experience. I was a little lonely, but it's nice to get some time to myself once in a while.

On Tuesday, I had an interview for the Big Brother Big Sister's program http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.diJKKYPLJvH/b.1539751/k.BDB6/Home.htm
I am looking forward to trying another volunteer experience after Team in Training, and with the rave reviews my friend Caroline gave me, I am really looking forward to having a little sister of my own. The interview was on 27th and 5th avenue. I guess I am a weird heath food New York foodie, because the first thing that came to mind when I discovered the interview location was this Raw restaurant I've been wanting to try. I have been dreaming of Bonobos and their coconut chai for months, but have never found an excuse to venture down there during the day. I did my research (as I do for all restaurants I visit), and read the menu along with countless online reviews. When I got there, I simply went with their specialty- the nutmeat salad platter. I got to try a sample of each of the 6 nutmeats. I chose the macadamia nutmeat, and along with five veggies and greens, they whipped up a very tasty, filling and healthy concoction. AND it was completely raw!

Oh, and that coconut chai? To die for.



I'm making it a goal (at least for this month) to give up all dairy products. Milk is meant for babies, to help you grow! It is not meant for adults. And it doesn't aid a healthy digestive system. I'm not a fan of cheese as it is, so hopefully it will be an easy transition.

I was sitting at work yesterday, and talked to Rob Sedgewick who stars in the play I work for "The Perfect Crime." He is the brother of Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) and brother in law to Kevin Bacon. He has starred in "Die Hard" and other films. Not only does he have a passion for acting, but also for veganism. He co-owns a vegan ice cream shoppe on 10th between 2nd and 3rd called "Stogo."

I have`been meaning to try it for a while, and Vegan Mofo is the perfect opportunity! Will Review later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment